Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
As used in this part, the following definitions apply:
(1) “Employee” means a person who works for another for hire and includes independent contractors.
(2) “Employer” means a person or entity that has one or more employees or independent contractors.
(3) “Local government” means a county, consolidated city-county, city, town, township, school district, or other district or local public entity with the authority to spend or receive public funds.
(4) “Microchip” means technology that:
(a) is designed to be surgically implanted in the body of an individual; and
(b) contains a unique identification number and personal information that can be noninvasively retrieved or transmitted with an external scanning device.
(5) “State agency” means a department, board, commission, office, bureau, or other public authority of state government.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Montana Title 39. Labor § 39-2-1501. Definitions - last updated April 27, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/mt/title-39-labor/mt-code-ann-sect-39-2-1501.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.