Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
As used in this chapter, the following definitions apply:
(1) “Accredited college or university” means a college or university accredited by a regional or national accrediting association for institutions of higher learning.
(2) “Addiction” means the condition or state in which an individual is physiologically or psychologically dependent upon alcohol or other drugs. The term includes chemical dependency as defined in 53-24-103.
(3) “Addiction counselor licensure candidate” means a person who is registered pursuant to 37-35-202(5) to engage in addiction counseling and earn supervised work experience necessary for licensure.
(4) “Board” means the board of behavioral health provided for in 2-15-1744.
(5) “Licensed addiction counselor” means a person who has the knowledge and skill necessary to provide the therapeutic process of addiction and gambling dependence impulse control disorder counseling and who is licensed under the provisions of this chapter.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Montana Title 37. Professions and Occupations § 37-35-102. Definitions - last updated April 27, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/mt/title-37-professions-and-occupations/mt-code-ann-sect-37-35-102/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.