Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
In addition to meeting the eligibility criteria for client screening established by the board pursuant to 37-27-105, a direct-entry midwife shall recommend that patients secure the following services by an appropriate health care provider:
(1) the standard serological test, as defined in 50-19-101, for women seeking prenatal care;
(2) screening for human immunodeficiency virus, when appropriate;
(3) maternal serum alpha-fetoprotein test and ultrasound, upon request;
(4) Rh antibody and glucose screening at 28 weeks' gestation, upon request;
(5) nonstress testing by a fetal monitor of a fetus at greater than 42 1/2 weeks' gestation or if other reasons indicate the testing;
(6) screening for phenylketonuria;
(7) Rh screening of the infant for RhoGAM treatment if the mother is Rh negative; and
(8) screening for premature labor and other risk factors.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Montana Title 37. Professions and Occupations § 37-27-312. Screening procedures - last updated April 27, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/mt/title-37-professions-and-occupations/mt-code-ann-sect-37-27-312.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?