As used in this part, the following definitions apply:
(1) “Community pharmacy”, when used in relation to a medical practitioner, means a pharmacy situated within 10 miles of any place at which the medical practitioner maintains an office for professional practice.
(2) “Device” means any instrument, apparatus, or contrivance intended:
(a) for use in the diagnosis, cure, mitigation, treatment, or prevention of disease in humans;
(b) to affect the structure or any function of the body of humans.
(3) “Drug” has the same meaning as provided in 37-7-101 .
(4) “Drug company” means any person engaged in the manufacturing, processing, packaging, or distribution of drugs. The term does not include a pharmacy.
(5) “Medical practitioner” means any person licensed by the state of Montana to engage in the practice of medicine, dentistry, osteopathy, podiatry, optometry, or a nursing specialty as described in 37-8-202 and in the licensed practice to administer or prescribe drugs.
(6) “Person” means any individual and any partnership, firm, corporation, association, or other business entity.
(7) “Pharmacy” has the same meaning as provided in 37-7-101 .
(8) “State” means the state of Montana or any political subdivision of the state.
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.