Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(1) A limited liability company or a foreign limited liability company authorized to transact business in this state shall deliver to the secretary of state, for filing, an annual report that sets forth:
(a) the name of the limited liability company and the jurisdiction under whose law it is organized;
(b) the information required by 35-7-105(1);
(c) the business mailing address of its principal office, wherever located;
(d)(i) if the limited liability company is managed by a manager or managers, a statement that the company is managed in that fashion and the names and business mailing addresses of the managers;
(ii) if the management of a limited liability company is reserved to the members, a statement to that effect and the names and business mailing addresses of the members;
(e) that the management of a series of members is vested in the members associated with the series of members;
(f) if the limited liability company is a professional limited liability company, a statement that all of its members and not less than one-half of its managers are qualified persons with respect to the limited liability company.
(2) Information in the annual report must be current as of the date the annual report is executed on behalf of the limited liability company.
(3) The first annual report must be delivered to the secretary of state between January 1 and April 15 of the year following the calendar year in which a domestic limited liability company is organized or a foreign limited liability company is authorized to transact business. Subsequent annual reports must be delivered to the secretary of state between January 1 and April 15.
(4) If an annual report does not contain the information required by this section, the secretary of state shall promptly deliver a notice to the reporting domestic or foreign limited liability company and return the report to the limited liability company for correction.
(5) The annual report must be executed by at least one member of the limited liability company or by the authorized agent.
(6) A domestic professional limited liability company or a foreign professional limited liability company authorized to transact business in this state shall annually file before April 15, with each licensing authority having jurisdiction over a professional service of a type described in its articles of organization, a statement of qualification setting forth the names and addresses of the members and managers of the company and additional information that the licensing authority may by rule prescribe as appropriate in determining whether the company is complying with the provisions of part 13 of this chapter and rules promulgated under part 13 of this chapter. The licensing authority may charge a fee to cover the cost of filing a statement of qualification.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Montana Title 35. Corporations, Partnerships, and Associations § 35-8-208. Annual report for secretary of state - last updated April 27, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/mt/title-35-corporations-partnerships-and-associations/mt-code-ann-sect-35-8-208.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?