Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(1) Subject to 35-2-908(3) and subsection (5) of this section, a member is entitled to inspect and copy, at a reasonable time and location specified by the corporation, any of the records of the corporation described in 35-2-906(5) if the member gives the corporation written notice or a written demand at least 5 business days before the date on which the member wishes to inspect and copy.
(2) Subject to subsection (5), a member is entitled to inspect and copy, at a reasonable time and reasonable location specified by the corporation, any of the following records of the corporation if the member meets the requirements of subsection (3) and gives the corporation written notice at least 5 business days before the date on which the member wishes to inspect and copy:
(a) excerpts from any records required to be maintained under 35-2-906(1), to the extent not subject to inspection under subsection (1);
(b) accounting records of the corporation; and
(c) subject to 35-2-910, the membership list.
(3) A member may inspect and copy the records identified in subsection (2) only if:
(a) the member's demand is made in good faith and for a proper purpose;
(b) the member describes with reasonable particularity the purpose and the records the member desires to inspect; and
(c) the records are directly connected with this purpose.
(4) This section does not affect:
(a) the right of a member to inspect records under 35-2-535 or, if the member is in litigation with the corporation, to the same extent as any other litigant; or
(b) the power of a court, independent of this chapter, to compel the production of corporate records for examination.
(5) The articles or bylaws of a religious corporation may limit or abolish the right of a member under this section to inspect and copy any corporate record.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Montana Title 35. Corporations, Partnerships, and Associations § 35-2-907. Inspection of records by members - last updated April 27, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/mt/title-35-corporations-partnerships-and-associations/mt-code-ann-sect-35-2-907.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?