Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(1) Each insurer issuing credit life insurance or credit disability insurance shall file with the commissioner its schedules of premium rates for use in connection with such insurance. Any insurer may revise the schedules from time to time and shall file the revised schedules with the commissioner. No insurer may issue any credit life insurance policy or credit disability insurance policy for which the premium rate exceeds that determined by the schedules of such insurer as then on file with the commissioner. The commissioner may require the filing of the schedule of premium rates for use in connection with and as a part of the specific policy filings as provided by 33-21-205.
(2) Each individual policy, group certificate of insurance, or notice of proposed insurance of credit life insurance and credit disability insurance must provide that, if the insurance is terminated before the scheduled maturity date of the indebtedness, any refund of premium or amount paid by the debtor for insurance must be paid or credited promptly to the person entitled thereto; provided, however, that the commissioner shall prescribe a minimum refund and no refund which would be less than such minimum need be made. The formula to be used in computing refunds must be filed with and approved by the commissioner.
(3) If a creditor requires a debtor to make a payment in connection with credit life insurance or credit disability insurance and an individual policy or group certificate of insurance is not issued, the creditor shall immediately give written notice to the debtor and shall promptly make an appropriate credit to the account.
(4) The amount charged to a debtor for any credit life insurance or credit disability insurance may not exceed the premiums charged by the insurer, as computed at the time the charge to the debtor is determined.
(5) Nothing in this chapter may be construed to authorize any payments for insurance prohibited under a statute, or rule thereunder, governing credit transactions.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Montana Title 33. Insurance and Insurance Companies § 33-21-206. Premiums and refunds - last updated April 27, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/mt/title-33-insurance-and-insurance-companies/mt-code-ann-sect-33-21-206.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?