Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(1) If an insurer or health plan and air ambulance service enter into dispute resolution, the procedure in 33-2-2305 is to be used to determine the fair market price of the services that are the subject of the claim.
(2) Payment of the fair market price calculated pursuant to 33-2-2305 constitutes payment in full of the claim.
(3) A determination under this section is not binding on the insurer or health plan and the air ambulance service.
(4) Unless otherwise agreed to by the parties, each party shall:
(a) bear its own attorney fees and costs incurred under the procedure provided in 33-2-2305; and
(b) equally bear all fees and costs of the independent reviewer.
(5) As used in this section, “fair market price” means the value of the services provided as determined by the independent reviewer based on the factors provided in 33-2-2305(6).
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Montana Title 33. Insurance and Insurance Companies § 33-2-2304. Independent dispute resolution - last updated April 27, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/mt/title-33-insurance-and-insurance-companies/mt-code-ann-sect-33-2-2304.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?