Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(1) Suspension of an insurer's certificate of authority must be for a period fixed by the commissioner in the order of suspension and must continue until rescinded or otherwise removed by the commissioner. During the suspension, the commissioner may shorten the period by further order.
(2) During the period of the suspension the insurer shall file its annual statement and pay fees, licenses, and taxes as required under this code as if the certificate had continued in full force.
(3) If within the period of suspension the certificate of authority has not been terminated, the insurer's certificate of authority may be reinstated if the commissioner finds that the causes of the suspension have been removed or that the insurer is otherwise in compliance with the requirements of this code.
(4) Upon reinstatement of the insurer's certificate of authority, the authority of its insurance producers in this state to represent the insurer is reinstated.
(5) The commissioner shall forthwith notify both the insurer and its insurance producers in this state, as shown by the commissioner's records, of the reinstatement.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Montana Title 33. Insurance and Insurance Companies § 33-2-121. Duration of suspension--insurer's obligations--reinstatement - last updated April 27, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/mt/title-33-insurance-and-insurance-companies/mt-code-ann-sect-33-2-121.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?