Montana Title 30. Trade and Commerce § 30-2A-218. Insurance and proceeds
Search Montana Code Annotated
Search by Keyword or Citation
(1) A lessee obtains an insurable interest when existing goods are identified to the lease contract even though the goods identified are nonconforming and the lessee has an option to reject them.
(2) If a lessee has an insurable interest only by reason of the lessor's identification of the goods, the lessor, until default or insolvency or notification to the lessee that identification is final, may substitute other goods for those identified.
(3) Notwithstanding a lessee's insurable interest under subsections (1) and (2), the lessor retains an insurable interest until an option to buy has been exercised by the lessee and risk of loss has passed to the lessee.
(4) Nothing in this section impairs any insurable interest recognized under any other statute or rule of law.
(5) The parties by agreement may determine that one or more parties have an obligation to obtain and pay for insurance covering the goods and by agreement may determine the beneficiary of the proceeds of the insurance.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Montana Title 30. Trade and Commerce § 30-2A-218. Insurance and proceeds - last updated April 27, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/mt/title-30-trade-and-commerce/mt-code-ann-sect-30-2a-218.html
Was this helpful?