Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(1) A designated family member or designated successor who receives notice of the grantor's refusal to honor the family member's or successor's succession to the ownership and operation of the dealership may, within the 60-day period provided for in 30-11-805, file with the department a verified complaint for a hearing and determination by the department on whether good cause exists for refusal and discontinuance.
(2) The grantor shall establish good cause for refusal to honor the succession to ownership.
(3) The franchise agreement must continue in effect until the final determination of the issues raised in the complaint.
(4) If the grantor prevails, the department shall include in its order approving the termination of the franchise agreement reasonable conditions affording the complainant an opportunity to receive fair and reasonable compensation for the value of the dealership.
(5) Any decision by the department may be reviewed pursuant to Title 2, chapter 4, part 7.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Montana Title 30. Trade and Commerce § 30-11-806. Procedure to determine right to succeed - last updated April 27, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/mt/title-30-trade-and-commerce/mt-code-ann-sect-30-11-806.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?