(1) The period prescribed for the commencement of an action against a sheriff, coroner, or constable upon a liability incurred by the doing of an act in that person's official capacity and in virtue of that person's office or by the omission of an official duty, including the nonpayment of money collected upon an execution, is within 3 years, except that this subsection does not apply to an action for an escape.
(2) The period prescribed for the commencement of an action against a sheriff or other officer for the escape of a prisoner arrested or imprisoned on civil process is within 1 year.
(3) Actions for claims against a county that have been rejected by the county commissioners must be commenced within 6 months after the first rejection.
(4) The period prescribed for the commencement of an action against a municipality for damages or injuries to property caused by a mob or riot is within 1 year.
(5) The period prescribed for the commencement of an action against a municipality arising from a decision of the municipality relating to a land use, construction, or development project is 6 months from the date of the written decision.
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.