Montana Title 16. Alcohol and Tobacco § 16-4-312. Domestic distillery

(1) A distillery located in Montana and licensed pursuant to 16-4-311 may:

(a) import necessary products in bulk;

(b) bottle, produce, blend, store, transport, or export liquor that it produces;

(c) perform those operations that are permitted for bonded distillery premises under applicable regulations of the United States department of the treasury.

(2)(a) A distillery that is located in Montana and licensed pursuant to 16-4-311 shall sell liquor to the department under this code, and the department shall include the distillery's liquor as a listed product.

(b) The distillery may use a common carrier for delivery of the liquor to the department.

(c) A distillery that produces liquor within the state under this subsection (2) shall maintain records of all sales and shipments.  The distillery shall furnish monthly and other reports concerning quantities and prices of liquor that it ships to the department and other information that the department may determine to be necessary to ensure that distribution of liquor within this state conforms to the requirements of this code.

(3) A microdistillery may:

(a) provide, with or without charge, not more than 2 ounces of liquor that it produces at the microdistillery to consumers for consumption on the premises between 10 a.m. and 8 p.m.  A microdistillery may not sell or give more than 2 ounces of liquor to an individual for on-premises consumption during a business day.

(b) sell liquor that it produces at retail at the distillery directly to the consumer for off-premises consumption if:

(i) not more than 1.75 liters a day is sold to an individual;  and

(ii) the minimum retail price as determined by the department is charged.

FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.