Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(1) The commissioner shall promulgate rules consistent with this chapter to notify insurers of their obligations under this chapter and to clarify the data requested and the manner of production of such data.
(2) The commissioner may add any and all reasonable data to the data calls created by this chapter, and all such data shall be controlled by this chapter.
(3) The commissioner may prepare a report on the aggregate data collected that may give his findings and conclusions, which shall be a public record. Any such report shall not disclose the individual data of any insurer.
(4) The commissioner may assess costs to insurers for the cost incurred by the commissioner for outside experts and consultants in preparing the data calls and analysis of the aggregate data, and such costs shall be assessed to the insurers on a pro rata basis based on average premium volume for the last five (5) years for the insurance being surveyed.
(5) Nothing in this chapter shall limit the powers and duties of the department and commissioner as provided in other laws.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Mississippi Code Title 83. Insurance § 83-79-11. Duties of commissioner - last updated January 01, 2018 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ms/title-83-insurance/ms-code-sect-83-79-11/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.