Skip to main content

Mississippi Code Title 83. Insurance § 83-5-73. Fees for special fund

Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.

The commissioner shall collect and pay into the special fund in the State Treasury designated as the “Insurance Department Fund” the following fees:  for certificate of authority to each general or district agent or manager, Twenty-five Dollars ($25.00);  for filing and processing an agent's certificate of authority, Twenty-five Dollars ($25.00);  for filing and examining statement preliminary to admission, One Thousand Dollars ($1,000.00);  for filing and processing a Form A application, Two Thousand Dollars ($2,000.00);  for filing and auditing annual statement, Five Hundred Dollars ($500.00);  for filing any other paper required by law, Fifty Dollars ($50.00);  for continuing education courses or programs filed by the providers for approval, Fifty Dollars ($50.00);  for each certification company licensed status, Forty Dollars ($40.00);  for each seal when required, Twenty Dollars ($20.00);  for service of process on the commissioner as attorney, Twenty-five Dollars ($25.00).

From and after July 1, 2016, the expenses of this agency shall be defrayed by appropriation from the State General Fund and all user charges and fees authorized under this section shall be deposited into the State General Fund as authorized by law.

From and after July 1, 2016, no state agency shall charge another state agency a fee, assessment, rent or other charge for services or resources received by authority of this section.

Cite this article: - Mississippi Code Title 83. Insurance § 83-5-73. Fees for special fund - last updated January 01, 2018 |

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.

Was this helpful?

Thank you. Your response has been sent.

Copied to clipboard