Mississippi Code Title 77. Public Utilities and Carriers § 77-6-49. Issuance and renewal of negotiable notes
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Search Mississippi Code
Search by Keyword or Citation
(1) The authority shall have the power and is authorized, whenever revenue bonds of the authority have been validated as provided in Title 31, Mississippi Code of 1972, to issue from time to time its negotiable notes in anticipation of the issuance of such bonds as validated and to renew from time to time any such notes by the issuance of new notes, regardless of whether the notes to be renewed have matured. The authority may issue notes only to provide funds which would otherwise be provided by the issuance of the bonds as validated. The notes may be authorized, sold, executed and delivered in the same manner as bonds.
(2) Any resolution authorizing notes of the authority or any issue thereof may contain any provisions which the authority is authorized to include in any resolution authorizing bonds of the authority or any issue thereof; and the authority may include in any notes any terms, covenants or conditions which it is authorized to include in any bonds.
(3) All notes shall be general obligations of the authority, payable out of any of its funds or revenues, subject only to any contractual rights of the holders of any of its notes or other obligations then outstanding, provided that there may be specially pledged to the payment of such notes the proceeds to be derived from the issuance of the validated bonds in anticipation of the issuance of which the notes have been issued.
(4) Validation of such bonds shall be a condition precedent to the issuance of such notes, but it shall not be required that such notes be judicially validated.
(5) Bond anticipation notes shall not be issued in an amount exceeding the par value of the bonds in anticipation of which they are to be issued.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Mississippi Code Title 77. Public Utilities and Carriers § 77-6-49. Issuance and renewal of negotiable notes - last updated January 01, 2018 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ms/title-77-public-utilities-and-carriers/ms-code-sect-77-6-49.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?