Skip to main content

Mississippi Code Title 59. Ports, Harbors, Landings and Watercraft § 59-5-11. Board's general powers

Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.

The board shall have power to acquire, purchase, install, lease, construct, own, hold, maintain, equip, use, control, and operate ports, harbors, waterways, channels, wharves, piers, docks, quays, elevators, tipples, compresses, bulk loading and unloading facilities, warehouses, floating dry docks, graving docks, marine railways, tugboats, ships, vessels, shipyards, shipbuilding facilities, machinery and equipment, dredges and any other facilities required and incidental to the construction, outfitting, drydocking or repair of ships or vessels, and water, air and rail terminals, and roadways and approaches thereto, and other structures and facilities needful for the convenient use of the same in the aid of commerce, including the dredging, deepening, extending, widening, or enlarging of any ports, harbors, rivers, channels, and waterways, the damming of inland waterways, the establishment of water basins, the acquisition and development of industrial sites and the reclaiming of submerged lands.  For such purposes the board is vested with full jurisdiction and control of any and all lands lying within, adjacent to, or near any state-owned or operated ports, harbors, rivers, channels, and waterways, or natural lakes, which lands are below the mean high tide mark, and which lands are not within the jurisdiction of any other public body.

Cite this article: - Mississippi Code Title 59. Ports, Harbors, Landings and Watercraft § 59-5-11. Board's general powers - last updated January 01, 2018 |

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.

Was this helpful?

Thank you. Your response has been sent.

Copied to clipboard