(1) The division may, for the purpose of ascertaining compliance with the provisions of this article and its rules and regulations, enter and inspect on a routine basis the facility of a licensee.
(2) Before conducting an inspection under subsection (1), the division shall, after identifying the person in charge:
(a) Give proper identification;
(b) Request to see the applicable license;
(c) Describe the nature and purpose of the inspection; and
(d) If necessary, explain the authority of the division to conduct the inspection and the penalty for refusing to permit the inspection.
(3) In conducting an inspection under subsection (1), the division may, after meeting the requirements of subsection (2):
(a) Inspect the physical facilities;
(b) Inspect records and documents;
(c) Interview directors, employees, clients, family members of clients and others; and
(d) Observe the licensee in operation.
(4) An inspection conducted under subsection (1) shall be during regular business hours and may be announced or unannounced.
(5) The licensee shall make copies of inspection reports available to the public upon request.
(6) The provisions of this section apply to on-site inspections and do not restrict the division from contacting family members, neighbors or other individuals, or from seeking information from other sources to determine compliance with the provisions of this article.
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.