Skip to main content

Mississippi Code Title 27. Taxation and Finance § 27-107-91. Funds to obtain federal funds

Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.

For purposes of Sections 27-107-91 through 27-107-105, the term “commission of budget and accounting” or “commission” shall mean the state fiscal management board.

The Commission of Budget and Accounting is hereby expressly authorized and empowered to utilize any funds appropriated for such purposes which said sum shall not exceed five hundred thousand dollars ($500,000.00) to make grants to boards of supervisors, boards of trustees of public schools and junior colleges, and the mayor and board of aldermen or other governing body of incorporated municipalities for the purpose of assisting such county and municipal government authorities in obtaining federal funds to be used in making repairs, renovations, restoration, construction, reconstruction and related improvements, and restoring or purchasing machinery, equipment and supplies to public office buildings, schools, courthouses, hospitals, water supplies, sewer and utility systems, streets, roads, bridges, ports and airports and other governmental facilities, all of such being publicly owned and governed by said governing authorities having statutory power thereover, which real, personal or mixed properties were either damaged, destroyed or lost as a direct result of the unprecedented devastation wrought by the excessive rain, floods and tornadoes of January, 1975 to the State of Mississippi.

Cite this article: - Mississippi Code Title 27. Taxation and Finance § 27-107-91. Funds to obtain federal funds - last updated January 01, 2018 |

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.

Copied to clipboard