1. A person commits the offense of interference with medical assistance if he or she, while serving in his or her capacity as an employee of an abortion facility:
(1) Knowingly orders or requests medical personnel to deviate from any applicable standard of care or ordinary practice while providing medical assistance to a patient for reasons unrelated to the patient's health or welfare; or
(2) Knowingly attempts to prevent medical personnel from providing medical assistance to a patient in accordance with all applicable standards of care or ordinary practice for reasons unrelated to the patient's health or welfare.
2. The offense of interference with medical assistance is a class A misdemeanor.
3. For purposes of this section, the term “medical personnel” shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
(1) Physicians and surgeons licensed under chapter 334;
(2) Nurses licensed under chapter 335;
(3) Emergency medical services personnel as defined in section 190.600 ; or
(4) Any person operating under the supervision of such medical personnel.
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.