1. A person commits the offense of sexual contact with a student if he or she has sexual contact with a student of the school and is:
(2) A student teacher; or
(3) An employee of the school; or
(4) A volunteer of the school or of an organization working with the school on a project or program who is not a student at the school; or
(5) An elected or appointed official of the school district; or
(6) A person employed by an entity that contracts with the school or school district to provide services.
2. For the purposes of this section, “school” shall mean any public or private school in this state serving kindergarten through grade twelve or any school bus used by the school district.
3. The offense of sexual contact with a student is a class E felony.
4. It is not a defense to prosecution for a violation of this section that the student consented to the sexual contact.
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.