Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
1. Before transacting business in this state, a foreign limited liability company shall register in a format prescribed by the secretary unless otherwise exempt under subdivision (5) of subsection 5 of section 347.163 . In order to register, a foreign limited liability company shall pay the required filing fee and shall submit to the secretary an application for registration as a foreign limited liability company signed on its behalf by a manager, member or other authorized agent and setting forth:
(1) The name of the foreign limited liability company and, if different, the name under which it proposes to register and transact business in this state;
(2) The jurisdiction in which it was formed and date of its formation;
(3) The purpose of the foreign limited liability company or the general character of the business it proposes to transact in this state;
(4) The name and physical address of its registered agent and registered office in this state, which office and agent shall be subject to the same rights and limitations as provided in sections 347.030 and 347.033 ;
(5) A statement that the secretary is appointed the agent of the foreign limited liability company for service of process if the limited liability company fails to maintain a registered agent in this state or if the agent cannot be found or served with the exercise of reasonable diligence;
(6) The address of the office required to be maintained in the jurisdiction of its organization by the laws of that jurisdiction or, if not so required, of the principal office of the foreign limited liability company;
(7) A certificate of existence or a document of similar import duly authenticated by the secretary of state or other official having custody of the records in the state or country under whose laws it is registered; and
(8) A current certificate of good standing/existence from the secretary of state's office in the state of domicile, such document should be dated within sixty calendar days from filing.
2. The information provided by the foreign limited liability company under subdivisions (1) through (8) of subsection 1 of this section shall also be provided for each separate series of the limited liability company authorized to operate under section 347.186 .
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Missouri Revised Statutes Title XXIII. Corporations, Associations and Partnerships § 347.153. Foreign company, registration required--application, contents, fee - last updated January 01, 2018 | https://codes.findlaw.com/mo/title-xxiii-corporations-associations-and-partnerships/mo-rev-st-347-153.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.