Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
1. Notwithstanding any other provisions of law to the contrary, the board may issue a veterinary faculty license to any qualified applicant associated with the University of Missouri-Columbia, College of Veterinary Medicine and involved in the instructional program of either undergraduate or graduate veterinary medical students, subject to the following conditions:
(1) The holder of the veterinary faculty license is compensated for the practice aspects of his or her services solely from the state, federal or institutional funds and not from the patient-owner beneficiary of his or her practice efforts;
(2) The applicant furnishes the board with such proof as the board may deem necessary to demonstrate that:
(a) The applicant is a graduate of a reputable school or college of veterinary medicine;
(b) The applicant has or will have a faculty position at one of this state's institutions of higher learning and will be involved in the instructional program of either undergraduate or graduate veterinary medical students, as certified by an authorized administrative official at such institution; and
(c) The applicant understands and agrees that the faculty license is valid only for the practice of veterinary medicine as a faculty member of the institution; and
(3) The applicant takes and passes the state board examination.
2. The license issued pursuant to this section may be revoked or suspended or the licensee may be otherwise disciplined in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.
3. The license issued pursuant to this section shall be cancelled by the board upon receipt of information that the holder of the veterinary faculty license has left or has otherwise been discontinued from faculty employment at an institution of higher learning in this state.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Missouri Revised Statutes Title XXII. Occupations and Professions § 340.247. Veterinary faculty license, requirements, limitations--disciplinary actions--cancellation - last updated January 01, 2018 | https://codes.findlaw.com/mo/title-xxii-occupations-and-professions/mo-rev-st-340-247.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?