Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
1. Every person licensed pursuant to sections 334.650 to 334.685 shall, on or before the licensing renewal date, apply to the board for a certificate of licensure for the next licensing period. The application for renewal shall be made under oath on a form furnished to the applicant by the board. The application shall include, but not be limited to, disclosure of the following:
(1) The applicant's full name;
(2) The applicant's office address or addresses and telephone number or numbers;
(3) The applicant's home address and telephone number;
(4) The date and number of the applicant's license;
(5) All final disciplinary actions taken against the applicant by any professional association or society, licensed hospital or medical staff of the hospital, physical therapy facility, state, territory, federal agency or country; and
(6) Information concerning the applicant's current physical and mental fitness to practice the applicant's profession. The applicant may be required to successfully complete a test administered by the board on the laws and rules related to the practice of physical therapy in this state. The test process, dates, and passing scores shall be established by the board by rule.
2. A notice shall be made available to each person licensed in this state. The failure to receive the notice does not relieve any person of the duty to renew the person's license and pay the renewal fee as required by sections 334.650 to 334.685 nor shall it exempt the person from the penalties provided by sections 334.650 to 334.685 for failure to renew a license.
3. If a physical therapist assistant does not renew such license for two consecutive renewal periods, such license shall be deemed voided.
4. Each applicant for registration shall accompany the application for registration with a registration fee to be paid to the director of revenue for the licensing period for which registration is sought.
5. If the application is filed and the fee paid after the registration renewal date, a delinquent fee shall be paid; except that, if in the opinion of the board the applicant's failure to register is caused by extenuating circumstances, including illness of the applicant as defined by rule, the delinquent fee may be waived by the board.
6. Upon due application therefor 1 and upon submission by such person of evidence satisfactory to the board that he or she is licensed to practice in this state and upon the payment of fees required to be paid by this chapter, the board shall issue to such person a certificate of registration. The certificate of registration shall contain the name of the person to whom it is issued and his or her office address, the expiration date, and the number of the license to practice.
7. Upon receiving such certificate, every person shall cause it to be readily available or conspicuously displayed at all times in every practice location maintained by such licensee in the state. If the licensee maintains more than one practice location in this state, the board shall without additional fee issue to them duplicate certificates of registration for each practice location so maintained. If any licensee changes practice locations during the period for which any certificate of registration has been issued, such licensee shall, within fifteen days thereafter, notify the board of such change and the board shall issue to the licensee, without additional fee, a new registration certificate showing the new location.
8. Whenever any new license is granted to any physical therapist or physical therapist assistant under the provisions of this chapter, the board shall, upon application therefor, 1 issue to such physical therapist or physical therapist assistant a certificate of registration covering a period from the date of the issuance of the license to the next renewal date without the payment of any registration fee.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Missouri Revised Statutes Title XXII. Occupations and Professions § 334.675. Renewal of license, application, fee--display of license, requirements - last updated January 01, 2018 | https://codes.findlaw.com/mo/title-xxii-occupations-and-professions/mo-rev-st-334-675.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?