Missouri Revised Statutes Title XXII. Occupations and Professions § 333.145. Written statement of charges, required when, content--merchandise prices to be indicated
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Search Missouri Revised Statutes
Search by Keyword or Citation
1. Every funeral firm in this state or the funeral service licensee thereof shall give or cause to be given to the person or persons making funeral arrangements or arranging for the disposition of a dead human body, at the time such arrangements are completed and prior to the time of rendering the service or providing the merchandise, a written statement signed by the purchaser or purchasers or their legal representatives, and a representative of the funeral establishment, showing to the extent then known:
(1) The price of the service that the person or persons have selected and what is included therein;
(2) The price of each of the supplemental items of service or merchandise requested;
(3) The amount involved for each of the items for which the firm will advance moneys as an accommodation to the family;
(4) The method of payment.
2. A funeral establishment shall not bill or cause to be billed any item that is referred to as a “cash advance” item unless the net amount paid for such item or items by the funeral establishment is the same as is billed by the funeral establishment.
3. All merchandise displayed in or by funeral establishments in this state shall have the price of the merchandise and included services, if any, clearly marked or indicated on the merchandise at all times.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Missouri Revised Statutes Title XXII. Occupations and Professions § 333.145. Written statement of charges, required when, content--merchandise prices to be indicated - last updated January 01, 2018 | https://codes.findlaw.com/mo/title-xxii-occupations-and-professions/mo-rev-st-333-145.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?