Missouri Revised Statutes Title XXII. Occupations and Professions § 324.063. Missouri board of occupational therapy, members, terms, removal
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Search Missouri Revised Statutes
Search by Keyword or Citation
1. There is hereby created within the division of professional registration a board to be known as the “Missouri Board of Occupational Therapy”. The board shall consist of six members, all of whom shall be citizens of the United States and registered voters of the state of Missouri. The governor shall appoint the members of the board with the advice and consent of the senate for terms of three years; except as provided in subsection 3 of this section. Nonpublic members shall have been engaged in rendering occupational therapy services, in teaching or in research in occupational therapy for at least five years immediately preceding the person's appointment to the board. Three board members shall be occupational therapists. One member shall be an occupational therapy assistant. Such members shall at all times be holders of licenses for the practice of occupational therapy in this state; except for the members of the first board who shall be registered pursuant to section 334.838 on August 28, 1997, and shall meet the requirements for licensure pursuant to sections 324.050 to 324.089. The remaining two members shall be members of the public. All members shall be chosen from lists submitted by the director of the division of professional registration.
2. No member of the board shall serve more than two consecutive three-year terms. A vacancy in the office of any member shall only be filled for the unexpired term.
3. The initial appointments to the board shall be two members for terms of one year, two members for terms of two years and two members for terms of three years.
4. The public members of the board shall not be and never have been members of any profession regulated by the provisions of sections 324.050 to 324.089, or the spouse of any such person; and persons who do not have and never have had a material financial interest in either the providing of the professional services regulated by the provisions of sections 324.050 to 324.089 or an activity or organization directly related to the profession regulated pursuant to sections 324.050 to 324.089.
5. Any member of the board may be removed from the board by the governor for neglect of duty required by law, for incompetency or for unethical or dishonest conduct. Upon the death, resignation, disqualification or removal of any member of the board, the governor shall appoint a successor.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Missouri Revised Statutes Title XXII. Occupations and Professions § 324.063. Missouri board of occupational therapy, members, terms, removal - last updated January 01, 2018 | https://codes.findlaw.com/mo/title-xxii-occupations-and-professions/mo-rev-st-324-063.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?