Missouri Revised Statutes Title XL. Additional Executive Departments § 650.159. Interstate MEG agreements, powers and immunities of officers--effective, when
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Search Missouri Revised Statutes
Search by Keyword or Citation
1. A county bordering another state may enter into agreement with the political subdivisions in such other state's contiguous county pursuant to section 70.220 to form a multijurisdictional enforcement group for the enforcement of drug and controlled substance laws and work in cooperation pursuant to sections 650.150 to 650.165.
2. Such other state's law enforcement officers may be deputized as officers of the counties of this state participating in an agreement pursuant to subsection 1 of this section, and shall be deemed to have met all requirements of peace officer training and certification pursuant to chapter 590 for the purposes of conducting investigations and making arrests in this state pursuant to the provisions of section 650.156, provided such officers have satisfied the applicable peace officer training and certification standards in force in such other state.
3. Such other state's law enforcement officers shall have the same powers and immunities when working under an agreement pursuant to subsection 1 of this section as if working under an agreement with another political subdivision in Missouri pursuant to section 70.815.
4. A multijurisdictional enforcement group formed pursuant to this section is eligible to receive state grants to help defray the costs of its operation pursuant to the terms of section 650.161.
5. The provisions of subsections 2, 3, and 4 of this section shall not be in force unless such other state has provided or shall provide legal authority for its political subdivisions to enter into such agreements and to extend reciprocal powers and privileges to the law enforcement officers of this state working pursuant to such agreements.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Missouri Revised Statutes Title XL. Additional Executive Departments § 650.159. Interstate MEG agreements, powers and immunities of officers--effective, when - last updated January 01, 2023 | https://codes.findlaw.com/mo/title-xl-additional-executive-departments/mo-rev-st-650-159.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?