Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
The commission is hereby designated as the water pollution agency of the state for all purposes of any federal water pollution control act and may:
(1) Take all necessary or appropriate action to obtain for the state the benefits of any federal act, or to obtain federal approval of any state water pollution control program;
(2) Apply for and receive federal funds made available under any federal act;
(3) Approve projects for which assistance under any federal act is made to any municipality or agency of the state;
(4) Participate through its authorized representatives in proceedings under any federal act;
(5) Recommend measures for the reduction of water contamination originating within the state; and
(6) Recommend to the governor for his designation any areas of the state which require special action under sections 644.006 to 644.141 or any federal water pollution control act. The governor shall hereby be authorized, as provided in section 644.141, to so designate such areas and establish local agencies or authorities as required by any federal water pollution control act to carry out the planning and operation for such areas as required by any federal water pollution control act.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Missouri Revised Statutes Title XL. Additional Executive Departments § 644.136. Commission designated official state agency to deal with federal government relative to water pollution - last updated January 01, 2018 | https://codes.findlaw.com/mo/title-xl-additional-executive-departments/mo-rev-st-644-136.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.