Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
In addition to any other powers vested by law, the director shall have the following powers and duties:
(1) Retain, employ, provide for, and compensate, within appropriations available therefor, such consultants, assistants, deputies, clerks, and other employees on a full- or part-time basis as may be necessary to carry out the provisions of sections 643.010 to 643.355 and prescribe the times at which they shall be appointed and their powers and duties;
(2) Accept, receive and administer grants or other funds or gifts from public and private agencies including the federal government for the purpose of carrying out any of the functions of sections 643.010 to 643.355. The director shall apply for all available grants and funds authorized and distributed pursuant to Title XI of the federal Clean Air Act, as amended, 29 U.S.C. 1662e, for training, assistance and payments to eligible individuals. The director shall report annually to the governor and the general assembly the amount of revenue received under Title XI of the Clean Air Act and the distribution of such funds to eligible persons. Funds received by the director pursuant to this section shall be deposited with the state treasurer and held and disbursed by him in accordance with the appropriations of the general assembly. The director is authorized to enter into contracts as he may deem necessary for carrying out the provisions of sections 643.010 to 643.355;
(3) Budget and receive duly appropriated moneys for expenditures to carry out the provisions and purposes of sections 643.010 to 643.355;
(4) Administer and enforce sections 643.010 to 643.355, investigate complaints, issue orders and take all actions necessary to implement sections 643.010 to 643.355;
(5) Receive and act upon reports, plans, specifications and applications submitted under rules promulgated by the commission. Any person aggrieved by any action of the director under this provision shall be entitled to a hearing before the commission as provided in section 643.080. The commission may sustain, reverse, or modify any action of the director taken under this provision, or make such other order as the commission shall deem appropriate under the circumstances.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Missouri Revised Statutes Title XL. Additional Executive Departments § 643.060. Powers and duties of director - last updated January 01, 2018 | https://codes.findlaw.com/mo/title-xl-additional-executive-departments/mo-rev-st-643-060.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?