Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
1. The department shall prepare a state plan to secure coordinated alcohol and drug abuse prevention, treatment and rehabilitation services accessible to persons in need of them in defined geographic areas, which plan shall be reviewed and revised annually.
2. The state plan shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
(1) A needs-assessment of the state to determine underserved, unserved and inappropriately served populations and areas;
(2) Statements of short-term and long-term goals for meeting the needs of the currently served, unserved, underserved or inappropriately served populations and areas of the state;
(3) An inventory of existing private and public residential facilities, clinics and other service providers offering drug or alcohol abuse services;
(4) Evaluations of the effects of care and treatment programs;
(5) Descriptions of the following:
(a) Methods for assuring active, consumer-oriented citizen participation throughout the system;
(b) Strategies and procedures for encouraging, coordinating and integrating community-based services wherever practicable to avoid duplication by private, not-for-profit and public state and community-based providers of services;
(c) Methods for monitoring the quality of prevention, evaluation, care, treatment and rehabilitation services funded by the state;
(d) Rules which set standards of construction, staffing, operations and programs, as appropriate, for any public or private entity to meet before receiving state certification; and
(e) Plans for addressing the particular alcohol and drug abuse service needs of each region including special strategies for rural and urban unserved, underserved or inappropriately served populations and areas of the state.
3. In preparing the state plan, the department shall take into consideration its regional plans.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Missouri Revised Statutes Title XL. Additional Executive Departments § 631.030. Department to develop state plan, contents - last updated January 01, 2018 | https://codes.findlaw.com/mo/title-xl-additional-executive-departments/mo-rev-st-631-030.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?