Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
1. There is hereby established the “Missouri Film Commission” to advise the director of the department of economic development on the promotion of the development of film production and facilities in Missouri.
2. The commission shall be composed of nine members as follows:
(1) Two members shall be a state senator appointed in a bipartisan manner by the president pro tem of the senate;
(2) Two members shall be a state representative appointed in a bipartisan manner by the speaker of the house; and
(3) Five members, who have knowledge and experience with the motion picture industry, shall be appointed by the director of the department of economic development.
3. The members of the board appointed by the director shall be appointed to serve terms of three years; except that, of the members first appointed, two shall be appointed for a term of three years, two shall be appointed for a term of two years and one shall be appointed for a one-year term. Any legislative member shall serve only as long as such person holds such legislative office. The legislative members shall serve during their current term of office but may be reappointed.
4. The members of the commission shall receive no compensation for serving on the commission but shall be reimbursed for their actual and necessary expenses incurred in the performance of their official duties.
5. The commission shall provide oversight and guidance to the director of the department of economic development in administering the office of the Missouri film commission, established in section 620.1210. The commission shall make recommendations to the governor and the general assembly on:
(1) The removal of barriers so that film production in Missouri may be more easily promoted; and
(2) The development of state incentives to attract private investment in film production in the state.
6. The commission shall submit its recommendations by January first of each year, beginning January 1, 1998.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Missouri Revised Statutes Title XL. Additional Executive Departments § 620.1200. Missouri film commission established--members--terms--compensation, reimbursement--duties--recommendations submitted, when - last updated January 01, 2018 | https://codes.findlaw.com/mo/title-xl-additional-executive-departments/mo-rev-st-620-1200.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?