Missouri Revised Statutes Title VII. Cities, Towns and Villages § 92.916. Duties of collector--compensation (St. Louis city)
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Search Missouri Revised Statutes
Search by Keyword or Citation
1. Before any distribution provided for in section 92.915 may be made, the collector shall review the books of the land reutilization authority for purposes of certifying the following:
(1) That the expenses and costs reflected on the books have been properly allocated to each property which has been sold and the expenses and costs provided for in subdivision (1) of subsection 2 of section 92.915 are reasonably related to the management and operation of the land reutilization authority;
(2) That the proposed distribution accurately reflects the amounts shown on the books of the collector for penalties, attorneys' fees or costs which were included in the judgment against such parcel of real estate, plus its proportional part of the costs of the sheriff's foreclosure sale.
2. After such certification, the land reutilization authority shall transfer to the collector that part of distributed proceeds provided for the payment of those costs described in subsection 2 of section 92.915, upon receipt of which he shall immediately pay thereon.
3. The balance of the proposed distribution shall also be paid to the collector, who in accord with the provisions of subdivision (3) of subsection 2 of section 92.915, shall determine the interests of the respective taxing authorities for the various tax years included in the original judgment for each parcel of real property and shall establish the proportionate share of each taxing authority based upon its tax rate for the various years. The collector shall thereupon submit in writing to each taxing authority his determination as to their respective interests in the proposed distribution. If no objection is made within ten days thereafter, the collector shall forthwith make such distribution.
4. As additional compensation for the duties herein prescribed, the collector shall receive annually the sum of five thousand dollars.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Missouri Revised Statutes Title VII. Cities, Towns and Villages § 92.916. Duties of collector--compensation (St. Louis city) - last updated January 01, 2018 | https://codes.findlaw.com/mo/title-vii-cities-towns-and-villages/mo-rev-st-92-916.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?