Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
1. There is hereby created within any county of the third class having a population of more than ten thousand and less than fifteen thousand and any county of the second class having a population of more than fifty-eight thousand and less than seventy thousand adjacent to such third class county, both counties making up the same judicial circuit, a joint county recreational lake authority, which shall be a body corporate and politic and a political subdivision of this state.
2. Subject to the limitations in section 67.788, the authority may exercise its powers over the reservoir area encompassing any recreational lake and within five thousand feet of the conservation storage level of any recreational lake constructed or to be constructed by the authority pursuant to sections 67.781 to 67.790.
3. It shall be the purpose of each authority to promote the general welfare, to promote recreation and to encourage private capital investment through the construction, operation and maintenance of a recreational lake and related improvements to be located jointly in the second class county and the third class county.
4. The income of the authority and all property at any time owned by the authority shall be exempt from all taxation or any assessments whatsoever to the state or of any political subdivision, municipality or other governmental agency thereof.
5. No county in which an authority is organized shall be held liable in connection with the construction, operation or maintenance of any project or program undertaken pursuant to sections 67.781 to 67.790, including any actions taken by the authority in connection with any project or program undertaken pursuant to sections 67.781 to 67.790.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Missouri Revised Statutes Title VI. County, Township and Political Subdivision Government § 67.783. Recreational lake authority--purpose and powers--exemption--immunity - last updated January 01, 2018 | https://codes.findlaw.com/mo/title-vi-county-township-and-political-subdivision-government/mo-rev-st-67-783.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?