Missouri Revised Statutes Title VI. County, Township and Political Subdivision Government § 66.390. Convention and tourism tax authorized (St. Louis County)
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Search Missouri Revised Statutes
Search by Keyword or Citation
1. The governing body of any county of the first class having a charter form of government and having a population of over nine hundred thousand inhabitants may levy a tax not to exceed three percent on the amount of sales or charges for all rooms paid by the transient guests of hotels and motels situated within such county. Such tax should be known as a “Convention and Tourism Tax” and shall be deposited by the county treasurer in what shall be known as the “Convention and Tourism Fund”. As used herein, “transient guests” means person or persons who occupy room or rooms in a hotel or motel for thirty-one days or less during any calendar quarter.
2. The person, firm or corporation, subject to the tax imposed by this section, shall collect the tax from the transient guests, and each such transient guest shall pay the amount of such tax to the person, firm or corporation directed to collect the tax imposed herein.
4. The governing body may establish reasonable rules and regulations governing procedures for collecting and reporting of the tax.
5. The governing body may provide in the ordinance levying the tax that from every remittance of the tax made, the person required to so remit may deduct and retain an amount equal to two percent of the taxes collected.
6. The ordinance shall establish procedures for refunds and penalties on delinquent taxes.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Missouri Revised Statutes Title VI. County, Township and Political Subdivision Government § 66.390. Convention and tourism tax authorized (St. Louis County) - last updated January 01, 2018 | https://codes.findlaw.com/mo/title-vi-county-township-and-political-subdivision-government/mo-rev-st-66-390.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?