Minnesota Statutes Property and Property Interests (Ch. 500-515B) § 507.236. Transfer statement for contract for deed
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Search Minnesota Statutes
Search by Keyword or Citation
Subdivision 1. Definition. In this section, “transfer statement for a contract for deed” means a document that:
(1) is a transfer statement made in compliance with section 336.9-619(a); and
(2) transfers a seller's interest in an executory contract for the sale of real estate or of an interest in real estate that entitles the purchaser to possession of the real estate.
Subd. 2. Recording of statement. A transferee under a transfer statement for a contract for deed is entitled to have the statement recorded as provided in section 336.9-619(b). Recording must be with the county recorder or registrar of titles in the county where the affected real estate is located.
(1) it transfers from the contract seller named as debtor in the statement to the transferee all title and interest of the contract seller in the real estate described in the statement;
(2) it has the same effect as an assignment and a deed from the contract seller to the transferee; and
(3) it is a conveyance within the meaning of section 507.34.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Minnesota Statutes Property and Property Interests (Ch. 500-515B) § 507.236. Transfer statement for contract for deed - last updated January 01, 2018 | https://codes.findlaw.com/mn/property-and-property-interests-ch-500-515b/mn-st-sect-507-236.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?