Minnesota Statutes Municipalities (Ch. 471-472B) § 471.993. Compensation relationships of positions
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Search Minnesota Statutes
Search by Keyword or Citation
Subdivision 1. Assurance of reasonable relationship. In preparing management negotiation positions for compensation established through collective bargaining under chapter 179A and in establishing, recommending, and approving compensation plans for employees of political subdivisions not represented by an exclusive representative under chapter 179A, the respective political subdivision as the public employer, as defined in section 179A.03, subdivision 15, or, where appropriate, the Minnesota Merit System, shall assure that:
(1) compensation for positions in the classified civil service, unclassified civil service, and management bear reasonable relationship to one another;
(2) compensation for positions bear reasonable relationship to similar positions outside of that particular political subdivision's employment; and
(3) compensation for positions within the employer's work force bear reasonable relationship among related job classes and among various levels within the same occupational group.
Subd. 2. Reasonable relationship defined. For purposes of subdivision 1, compensation for positions bear “reasonable relationship” to one another if:
(1) the compensation for positions which require comparable skill, effort, responsibility, working conditions, and other relevant work-related criteria is comparable; and
(2) the compensation for positions which require differing skill, effort, responsibility, working conditions, and other relevant work-related criteria is proportional to the skill, effort, responsibility, working conditions, and other relevant work-related criteria required.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Minnesota Statutes Municipalities (Ch. 471-472B) § 471.993. Compensation relationships of positions - last updated January 01, 2018 | https://codes.findlaw.com/mn/municipalities-ch-471-472b/mn-st-sect-471-993.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?