Skip to main content

Minnesota Statutes Counties, County Officers, Regional Authorities (Ch. 370-403) § 383B.044. Political funds

Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.

Subdivision 1. When required.  No association other than a political committee shall transfer more than $100 in aggregate in any one year to candidates or political committees or make any expenditure unless the transfer or expenditure is made from a political fund.

Subd. 2. Treasurer;  commingling of funds;  anonymous contributions.  Each association which has a political fund shall elect or appoint a treasurer of the political fund.  No contributions to the political fund shall be accepted and no expenditures from the fund shall be made while the office of treasurer is vacant.  The contents of the political fund shall not be commingled with any other funds or with the personal funds of any officer or member of the fund.  No anonymous contribution in excess of $20 shall be retained by the political fund but shall be forwarded to the state campaign finance and public disclosure board and deposited in the general fund.

Subd. 3. Use of dues and membership fees.  Notwithstanding subdivision 1, the association may, if not prohibited by other law, deposit in its political fund money derived from dues or membership fees.  The treasurer of the fund, in any report required by section 383B.049, shall disclose the name of any member whose dues, membership fees and contributions deposited in the political fund in any one year exceed $50 in the aggregate.

Subd. 4. Penalty.  Any person who knowingly violates the provisions of this section is guilty of a misdemeanor.

Cite this article: - Minnesota Statutes Counties, County Officers, Regional Authorities (Ch. 370-403) § 383B.044. Political funds - last updated January 01, 2018 |

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.

Was this helpful?

Thank you. Your response has been sent.

Copied to clipboard