Skip to main content

Minnesota Statutes Agriculture (Ch. 17-42) § 41C.03. Guiding principles

Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.

(a) In the performance of its duties, implementation of its powers, and selection of specific programs and projects to receive its assistance under this chapter, the authority must be guided by the principles in paragraphs (b) to (e).

(b) The authority shall not become an owner of real or depreciable property, except on a temporary basis if it is necessary in order to implement its programs, to protect its investments by means of foreclosure or other means, or to facilitate transfer of real or depreciable property for the use of beginning farmers.

(c) The authority shall exercise diligence and care in selection of projects to receive its assistance and shall apply customary and acceptable business and lending standards in selection and subsequent implementation of the projects.  The authority may delegate primary responsibility for determination and implementation of the projects to any federal governmental agency that assumes any obligation to repay the loan, either directly or by insurance or guarantee.

(d) The authority shall establish a beginning farmer and agricultural business enterprise loan program to aid in the acquisition of agricultural land and improvements and depreciable agricultural property by beginning farmers and real and personal property for an agricultural business enterprise.

(e) The authority shall develop programs for providing financial assistance to agricultural producers in this state.

Cite this article: - Minnesota Statutes Agriculture (Ch. 17-42) § 41C.03. Guiding principles - last updated January 01, 2018 |

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.

Was this helpful?

Thank you. Your response has been sent.

Copied to clipboard