Michigan Compiled Laws, Chapter 408. Labor § 408.802
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Search Michigan Compiled Laws
Search by Keyword or Citation
Sec. 2. (1) “Approved” means that which the director designates as acceptable to the department.
(2) “Board” means the elevator safety board.
(3) “Department” means the department of labor.
(4) “Director” means the director of labor or his duly designated representative.
(5) “Division” means the elevator safety division of the department.
(6) “Dormant elevator” means an elevator that is still intact and on the premises but the premises are vacated or the equipment is entirely disconnected in an approved manner.
(7) “Repairs” where used herein shall mean only such work as is necessary to maintain present equipment in a safe and serviceable condition and to adjust or replace defective, broken or worn parts, with parts made of equivalent material, strength and design, and where the replacing part performs the same function as the replaced part.
(8) “Major alteration” means an alteration as defined in the standard. Any person, firm or corporation performing such major alteration shall obtain a permit from the department as outlined in section 15 of this act. 1
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Michigan Compiled Laws, Chapter 408. Labor § 408.802 - last updated February 09, 2022 | https://codes.findlaw.com/mi/chapter-408-labor/mi-comp-laws-408-802.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?