Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Sec. 106. (1) The Michigan maritime museum advisory board is created within the department.
(2) The maritime museum advisory board shall consist of 9 members appointed by the governor, including all of the following:
(a) Two representatives from the city of South Haven.
(b) One representative from the maritime corporation.
(c) One representative from the maritime industry.
(d) Two representatives from southwestern Michigan.
(e) Three representatives of the general citizenry of the state, at least 1 of whom shall be a resident of the Upper Peninsula.
(3) Each member of the maritime museum advisory board shall be a registered voter and a resident of this state. The governor may appoint 1 or more directors of the maritime corporation to serve on the maritime museum advisory board under subsection (2)(a), (c), (d), and (e).
(4) Not more than 5 members of the maritime museum advisory board shall be of the same political party at any 1 time.
(5) Except for members first appointed, each member of the maritime museum advisory board shall serve for a 4-year term. The initial term of office for the members first appointed under subsection (2) shall be determined at the first meeting of the maritime museum advisory board by the drawing of lots among the members with 3 members serving for 4 years, 3 members serving for 3 years, and 3 members serving for 2 years. Vacancies on the maritime museum advisory board shall be filled in the same manner as the original appointment for the remainder of the unexpired term.
(6) A member shall not receive compensation for his or her services as a member of the maritime museum advisory board, except for expenses incurred while acting as an official representative of the maritime museum advisory board, but not more than $75.00 per day for not more than 24 days per calendar year. All claims for expenses shall be paid from the maritime museum trust fund pursuant to voucher submitted to the department of treasury.
(7) The members of the maritime museum advisory board annually shall elect a chairperson, vice-chairperson, and secretary.
(8) The maritime museum advisory board shall meet not less than twice each calendar year at the call of the chairperson. A majority of the members shall constitute a quorum for the transaction of business. A decision of the maritime museum advisory board shall be made by majority vote of the members present and voting at a meeting of the maritime museum advisory board.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Michigan Compiled Laws, Chapter 399. Historical Records and Sites § 399.406 - last updated February 09, 2022 | https://codes.findlaw.com/mi/chapter-399-historical-records-and-sites/mi-comp-laws-399-406.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?