Skip to main content

Michigan Compiled Laws, Chapter 390. Universities and Colleges § 390.1342

Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.

Sec. 2.  As used in this act:

(a) “Academic year” means the period from August 1 of a calendar year to July 31 of the next calendar year.

(b) “Authority” means the Michigan higher education assistance authority created by 1960 PA 77, MCL 390.951 to 390.961.

(c) “Eligible institution” means a degree or certificate granting public or independent nonprofit college or university, junior college, or community college in this state.

(d) “Eligible tuition” means the tuition charged by an eligible institution for an undergraduate class.

(e) “Full-time student” means a student enrolled in at least 12 credit hours in an academic semester or its equivalent number of credit hours in a term or quarter, as determined by the authority.

(f) “Michigan veteran” means an individual whose legal residence immediately before entering military service was in this state and who does not later reside outside of this state for a period of more than 2 years, or an individual who establishes legal residency in this state after entering military service.

(g) “Part-time student” means a student who is not a full-time student, but is enrolled in at least the number of credit hours in a semester, term, or quarter that the authority defines as a 1/2 -time course of study.

(h) “Undergraduate class” means a class or course that provides a student with academic credit applicable toward a bachelor or associate degree from an eligible institution.

Cite this article: - Michigan Compiled Laws, Chapter 390. Universities and Colleges § 390.1342 - last updated February 09, 2022 |

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.

Was this helpful?

Thank you. Your response has been sent.

Copied to clipboard