Sec. 7340c. (1) A person shall not solicit another person to purchase or otherwise obtain any amount of ephedrine or pseudoephedrine knowing that it is to be used for the purpose of illegally manufacturing methamphetamine.
(2) Except as provided in subsection (3), a person who violates this section is guilty of a felony punishable by imprisonment for not more than 10 years or a fine of not more than $10,000.00, or both.
(3) A person who attempts to violate subsection (1) is guilty of a misdemeanor punishable by imprisonment for not more than 1 year or a fine of not more than $1,000.00, or both.
(4) This section does not prohibit the person from being charged with, convicted of, or sentenced for any other violation of law committed by the person while violating this section.
(5) If a person is convicted of violating this section, the court shall report the violation to the department of state police.
(6) For purposes of this section:
(a) “Ephedrine” includes the salts and isomers and salts of isomers of ephedrine.
(b) “Pseudoephedrine” includes the salts and isomers and salts of isomers of pseudoephedrine.
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.