Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Sec. 15. Nothing herein contained shall be interpreted to grant to any municipality the authority to operate an industrial building or any industrial machinery or equipment for its own use. The prohibition of this section shall not prevent a municipality from conserving and maintaining an industrial building and site and any industrial machinery and equipment acquired hereunder pending lease thereof to a private person, firm or corporation.
(a) General powers and duties.--The task force shall have the powers and duties authorized under this section.
(b) Specific powers and duties.--The task force shall have the overall responsibility, power and duty to investigate, study and make recommendations to the Governor and to the General Assembly concerning current and projected costs to school districts within this Commonwealth and viable options to reduce current and future costs to school districts within this Commonwealth. The task force shall, without limiting its authority to study related subjects, address the following specific areas and issues:
(1) Conduct a comprehensive review of the various categories of public school costs and the historic rate of increase in categories of public school costs and determine the reasons behind these increases.
(2) Examine the impact of Federal and State mandates on school districts.
(3) Determine whether any of the Federal or State mandates should be eliminated, revised or better funded.
(4) Identify best practices used by school districts around this Commonwealth and other states to provide services in a cost-effective manner.
(5) Offer options and viable recommendations to reduce costs to school districts within this Commonwealth.
(6) Provide a report that thoroughly discusses options and viable recommendations considered and expresses clear rationales for options not recommended.
(c) Public hearings.--The task force may conduct public hearings to solicit testimony from public and private agencies, citizens, teachers and representatives of local school districts on the topic of costs to school districts of this Commonwealth and means to reduce or minimize these costs.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Michigan Compiled Laws, Chapter 125. Planning, Housing and Zoning § 125.1265 - last updated February 09, 2022 | https://codes.findlaw.com/mi/chapter-125-planning-housing-and-zoning/mi-comp-laws-125-1265.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?