(a) In addition to the information that is required to be given under §§ 20-104 and 20-105 of this title, the driver of each vehicle involved in an accident under either of those sections shall also give the following information:
(1) Name and address of the insurance carrier or other provider of security for the person giving the information;
(2) Policy or other identifying number of the liability insurance or other security, if it is available;
(3) Name and address of the local insurance producer or local office of the insurance carrier or other provider of security, if it is available; and
(4) For a vehicle that is self-insured under the Administration's self-insurance program, evidence of self-insurance in the form required by the Administration.
(b)(1) The Administration shall adopt regulations that:
(i) Establish the form and content of the evidence of self-insurance required under subsection (a)(4) of this section; and
(ii) Require each self-insurer to maintain the evidence of self-insurance in each vehicle covered under the self-insurer's self-insurance certificate.
(2) Regulations adopted by the Administration under paragraph (1) of this subsection shall require the evidence of self-insurance to include:
(i) The name, address, and self-insurance certificate number of the self-insurer;
(ii) The name, address, and telephone number of the self-insurer's third party administrator or third party adjuster; and
(iii) The vehicle identification number of the self-insured vehicle.
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.