(a) In addition to the specific powers granted and duties imposed by this title, the
Administration has the powers and duties set forth in this section.
(b) The Administration has general supervision over aeronautics in this State.
(c) The Administration shall:
(1) Encourage, foster, and assist in the development of aeronautics in this State;
(2) Encourage the establishment of airports, airport facilities, and air navigation
(3) Cooperate with and assist the federal government, any political subdivision of
this State, and any other person in the development of aeronautics, and coordinate
the aeronautical activities of these bodies and persons.
(d) With the approval of the Secretary, the Administration may:
(1) Recommend necessary legislation to advance the interests of this State in aeronautics;
(2) Represent this State in aeronautics matters before any agency of this or any other
state or of the federal government;
(3) Participate on behalf of this State or any political subdivision or citizen of
this State as party plaintiff or defendant or as intervenor in any controversy that
involves the interest of this State in aeronautics; and
(4) Adopt rules and regulations for the functioning and administration of the Administration.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?
Response sent, thank you
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes
A free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.