Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
In addition to its other duties specified in this title, the State Advisory Board shall:
(1) consult with and advise the Secretary on:
(i) each aspect of the juvenile services program in the State;
(ii) the educational programs and services of the Department;
(iii) programs designed to divert children from the juvenile justice system; and
(iv) the treatment and programming needs of females in the juvenile justice system;
(2) recommend to the Secretary policies and programs to improve juvenile services in the State;
(3) participate in interpreting for the public the objectives of the Department;
(4) participate in planning the development and use of available resources to meet the needs of the Department; and
(5) examine and review fatalities involving children under the supervision of the Department for the purpose of advising the Secretary on policies and programs to prevent fatalities, including:
(i) a death caused by a child under the supervision of the Department, if the child is convicted or adjudicated for the death; and
(ii) the death of a child under the supervision of the Department.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Maryland Code, Human Services § 9-215 - last updated December 31, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/md/human-services/md-code-human-serv-sect-9-215/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?