Maryland Code, Health Occupations § 2-310
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Search Code of Maryland
Search by Keyword or Citation
(a) Subject to the provisions of this section, the Board shall issue a limited license to practice audiology to an applicant who:
(1) Except for the examination or supervised clinical training, meets the license requirements under § 2-302 of this subtitle;
(2) Demonstrates to the satisfaction of the Board that for the term of the limited license the applicant will practice audiology only under the supervision of an individual described under subsection (b)(2) of this section;
(3) Submits an application to the Board on the form that the Board requires; and
(4) Pays to the Board the application fee set by the Board.
(b)(1) The purpose of a limited license is to permit an individual to practice audiology while completing the licensing requirements of this title.
(2) While it is effective, a limited license authorizes the licensee to practice audiology under the supervision of:
(i) A fully licensed audiologist; or
(ii) If the individual is employed in a setting in which licensure is not required as provided under § 2-301(b)(1)(i) of this subtitle, an individual who holds national certification in audiology from a professional organization acceptable to the Board as provided in the regulations adopted by the Board.
(c) A limited license expires on the first anniversary of its effective date.
(d) The Board may renew the limited license once for an additional 1-year term, if the holder:
(1) Otherwise meets the requirements of this section;
(2) Submits a renewal application to the Board on the form that the Board requires; and
(3) Pays to the Board a limited license renewal fee set by the Board.
(e) If a limited licensee fails to receive a full license within 2 years after the initial limited license was issued, the individual may not apply for another limited license.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Maryland Code, Health Occupations § 2-310 - last updated December 31, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/md/health-occupations/md-code-health-occup-sect-2-310.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?