Maryland Code, Health Occupations § 2-310.2
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Search Code of Maryland
Search by Keyword or Citation
(a) Subject to the provisions of this section, the Board shall issue a limited license to practice speech-language pathology to an applicant who:
(1) Except for the examination and supervised postgraduate professional practice in speech-language pathology, meets the license requirements under § 2-302.2 of this subtitle;
(2) Demonstrates to the satisfaction of the Board that for the term of the limited license the applicant will practice only under the supervision of an individual described under subsection (b)(2) of this section;
(3) Submits an application to the Board on the form that the Board requires; and
(4) Pays to the Board the application fee set by the Board.
(b)(1) The purpose of a limited license to practice speech-language pathology is to permit an individual to practice speech-language pathology while completing the licensing requirements of this title.
(2) While it is effective, a limited license to practice speech-language pathology authorizes the licensee to practice speech-language pathology under the supervision of:
(i) A fully licensed speech-language pathologist; or
(ii) If the individual is employed in a setting in which licensure is not required as provided under § 2-301(b)(1)(i) of this subtitle, an individual who holds national certification in speech-language pathology from a professional organization acceptable to the Board as provided for in the regulations adopted by the Board.
(c) A limited license to practice speech-language pathology expires on the first anniversary of its effective date.
(d) The Board may renew the limited license to practice speech-language pathology once for an additional 1-year term, if the holder:
(1) Otherwise meets the requirements of this section;
(2) Submits a renewal application to the Board on the form that the Board requires; and
(3) Pays to the Board a limited license renewal fee set by the Board.
(e) If a limited licensee fails to receive a full license within 2 years after the date the initial limited license was issued, the individual shall wait a minimum of 1 year before the individual may apply for another license.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Maryland Code, Health Occupations § 2-310.2 - last updated December 31, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/md/health-occupations/md-code-health-occup-sect-2-310-2.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?