Maryland Code, Health-General § 7-611
Search Code of Maryland
Search by Keyword or Citation
(a) When an application for certificate of approval is filed, the Department shall have an investigation made of:
(1) The applicant;
(2) The private group home for which approval is sought;
(3) The facts stated in the application;
(4) The number of other group homes or alternative living units in the neighborhood;
(5) The public utilities and services available; and
(6) The access to transportation, shopping and recreational facilities, and health-related services.
(b) When an application for certificate of approval is filed, the Secretary shall hold a public hearing on the application.
(c)(1) The Secretary shall publish a notice of the hearing within 60 days of receipt of the completed application.
(2) The notice shall state:
(i) The name of the applicant;
(ii) The type of approval that is sought;
(iii) The location of the proposed private group home; and
(iv) The time and place that the Secretary sets for the hearing, which shall be at least 7 but not more than 15 days after the last publication of the notice.
(d) The notice shall be published at least twice in 1 week:
(1) In 2 newspapers published in the county where the private group home is to be located;
(2) If only 1 newspaper is published in that county, in that newspaper; or
(3) If a newspaper is not published in that county, any newspaper with substantial circulation in that county.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Maryland Code, Health-General § 7-611 - last updated December 31, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/md/health-general/md-code-health-gen-sect-7-611.html
Was this helpful?