(a) A majority of the full authorized membership of the Commission is a quorum. However, the Commission may not act on any matter unless at least 4 members in attendance
(b) The Commission shall meet at least 6 times a year, at the times and places that
(c) Each member of the Commission is entitled to:
(1) Compensation in accordance with the State budget; and
(2) Reimbursement for expenses under the Standard State Travel Regulations, 1 as provided in the State budget.
(d)(1) The Commission may employ a staff in accordance with the State budget.
(2) The Commission, in consultation with the Secretary, may set the compensation of
a Commission employee in a position that:
(i) Is unique to the Commission;
(ii) Requires specific skills or experience to perform the duties of the position;
(iii) Does not require the employee to perform functions that are comparable to functions
performed in other units of the Executive Branch of State government.
(3) The Secretary of Budget and Management, in consultation with the Commission, shall
determine the positions for which the Commission may set compensation under paragraph
(2) of this subsection.
(4) The Deputy Director and each principal section chief of the Commission serve at
the pleasure of the Commission.
(5) The Commission, in consultation with the Secretary, may determine the appropriate
job classifications for the Executive Director, Deputy Director, and each principal
section chief of the Commission.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?
Response sent, thank you
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes
A free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.